Find a Training
ASIST 11 - Open for registrations
ASIST 11 Workshop English - 2 Day
WHO: Open to general public. Must be 16 years of age or older.
WHEN: 8:30am - 4:30pm both days
ASIST (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training): ASIST is a two-day interactive workshop in suicide first-aid. Participants learn to recognize when someone may have thoughts of suicide and work with them to create a plan that will support their immediate safety. Designed for anyone in a position of trust, including service providers, teachers, youth workers, emergency workers, counsellors, faith leaders, community volunteers, family and friends.
Participants don’t need any formal training to attend the workshop – ASIST can be learned and used by anyone 16 years of age and older.
Although not required we do highly recommend taking safeTALK before ASIST if at all possible. safeTALK covers questions that we don't explore in ASIST and is a valuable introduction into suicide prevention.
Goals and Objectives of ASIST:
- Understand the ways personal and societal attitudes affect views on suicide and interventions
- Provide guidance and suicide first-aid to a person at risk in ways that meet their individual safety needs
- Identify the key elements of an effective suicide safety plan and the actions required to implement it
- Appreciate the value of improving and integrating suicide prevention resources in the community at large
- Recognize other important aspects of suicide prevention including life-promotion and self-care
Approximately one week prior to the workshop, all registered participants will receive a reminder email with the workshop location/address, and any details you will need to know.
Congratulations on taking the first step towards learning these life-changing, life-saving skills.
SELFCARE GIVEAWAYS: Selfcare is part of long-term resiliency. It's also a practice we promote in the ASIST workshop. As such some of our community partners have been kind enough to donate some selfcare goodies to the Life Voice ASIST workshops. One of our lucky participants will win a 90 minute float from Flowt-KW. We also have loose leaf tea giveaways from Good Grief Guru. And gift cards for The Wooly/Borealis/Miijidaa restaurants.
- Monday March 19th, 2018 - Tuesday March 20th, 2018
- 8:30am - 4:30pm
- Heritage Hall, 83 Essex St
Guelph, Ontario, Canada
- $200.00 Includes all taxes and materials
- Registration Deadline
- Sunday March 18th, 2018
- Shawna Percy