Find a Training
safeTALK - discounted rate, facilitated by CMHA WW
safeTALK Training - English
In recognition of the increased need for suicide prevention training in Guelph and surrounding areas, this special safeTALK workshop is being offered at a discounted rate of $30 per person (regular $50)
....Suicide accounts for 24 percent of all deaths among 15-24 year olds..
safeTALK (Suicide Alertness For Everyone) is a half-day, evidence-based suicide-alertness workshop that prepares anyone 15 years of age and older to become a suicide-alert helper. safeTALK is like suicide first aid. Participants need no previous experience or training in order to become more ready, willing and able to be suicide prevention helpers.
safeTALK-trained helpers can recognize these invitations and take action by connecting a person at risk with life-saving intervention resources.
safeTALK participants will learn to:
- Notice and respond to situations where suicide thoughts might be present
- Recognize that invitations for help are often overlooked
- Move beyond the common tendency to miss, dismiss, and avoid suicide
- Apply the TALK steps: Tell, Ask, Listen, and KeepSafe
Pre-registration is required as spots are limited. Sorry no refunds but you can transfer to another session or another person. If the workshop is cancelled by the organizer, for reasons such bad weather, you will be notified by email. A reminder email will go out to all registered participants with more details (such as room, parking) closer to the date.
- Monday February 11th, 2019
- 1:00pm - 4:30pm
- disclosed upon registration
Guelph, Wellington, Ontario, Canada
- $30.00 includes materials
- Registration Deadline
- Thursday February 7th, 2019
- CMHA WW Workshops
519-744-7645 ext 3042